Now Hiring! MFBF Seeks it's next Executive Director
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Job Description
Function: To serve as the Executive Director of Mass. Farm Bureau Federation (MFBF). To manage the business of the Federation including the staff and coordinate volunteer leaders to aggressively promote Farm Bureau programs and implement policy. To work with members, leadership, and staff in the areas of legislative and governmental relations. Also, if required, to act as legislative agent for MFBF. To establish and maintain relationships with leaders and staff of the American Farm Bureau, other state Farm Bureaus, and other organizations to maximize our ability to accomplish our goals and policies. Provide leadership liaison with MFBF membership and committees.
Authority: The E.D. will review and develop administrative policies necessary to insure efficient and orderly operation of the organization, consistent with the policies established by the Delegate Body and goals established by the Board of Directors. The E. D. will provide exemplary leadership to insure legal and ethical conduct in every activity of the organization. Perform other duties relating to custody of corporate documents as provided by the MFBF by-laws. The E. D. will manage personnel resources and financial resources consistent with policy to accomplish these goals. Develop effective alliances with state Farm Bureaus, American Farm Bureau, and other organizations. Enhance the image of Farm Bureau and promote Farm Bureau values through public and member relations. Maintain Farm Bureau alliances with governmental entities and agencies
- Develop and implement programs as determined by voting delegates and/or Board of Directors.
- Implement legislative and governmental goals as determined by delegates and/or Board of Directors.
- Manage all aspects of personnel, office, property, and business/financial operations of MFBF.
- Review and clarify job responsibilities of staff members.
- Oversee the resolution of member’s agricultural concerns.
- Coordinate activities of Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation with affiliated corporations/organizations including Farmer’s Live Animal Market Exchange, Inc. (FLAME) and Massachusetts Farm Bureau Preservation Foundation, Incorporated.
- Oversees the planning for Board of Directors Meetings and Annual Meeting.
- Serve as liaison with other agricultural organizations including agricultural youth organizations, fairs, commodity associations, Board of Agriculture, etc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At the discretion of the Search Committee, relevant prior experiences, trainings, and certifications may substitute for some educational requirements.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license as there will be travel which may include overnight.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the administration and management of paid staff.
- Strong background and experience in budget development and financial management.
- A general knowledge of agriculture and volunteer organizations is preferred.
- Must be eligible to be a government lobbyist.
- Any offer will be contingent upon the results of a criminal background check and drug testing.
Reports to: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of MFBF. Written reports shall be presented to the Board at all regularly scheduled meetings. The E.D. shall communicate with the President as often as needed, but at least once a month, to provide each other with a view of the needs of the organization and to seek counsel.
Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience, 401K & Health Insurance
Application: Resumes with cover letters accepted until August 26, 2022 email: [email protected]